Terms & Conditions
Please read and agree to the following Terms & Conditions before submitting your entry.
By submitting your entry, you agree to the terms stipulated in the Terms & Conditions.
Qualifications for entering
- Learners of English resident in Japan.
Important points and conditions to note before entering
- Works submitted will be judged strictly and award-winning works will be awarded with the grand prize and other awards. The full name, the name of the school and the academic year of entrants who won the main or runner-up prize will be published in the following ways:
- Posted on the official website of Pearson Japan (henceforth referred to as "the company") (www.pearson.co.jp) and on the company's official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/PearsonJapan/").
- Published in the Pearson Reader Catalog (2020-2021) issued by the company.
- Published in other promotional material issued by the company.
- Entrants will not be notified if their entries are accepted.
- Entries cannot be withdrawn after submission.
- Entrants must ensure that their submissions do not infringe on the copyright or other rights of third parties. If a copyright infringement claim or other complaint is received from a third party, the entrant shall bear full responsibility and the company shall be absolved of any responsibility.
- If a submission is found to have infringed on third party copyright or committed any other illegal act, its selection as an award-winning work will be withdrawn.
- Awards given to award-winning works will be sent to the address entered when the entry is submitted. If the company cannot contact the entrant due to an error in the address or a change after submission, the award may be withdrawn, or the entrant may be considered to have forfeited their right to receive the award.
- First and runner-up prizes will be sent to the students and their submitting teacher
- If an entry by a minor is shortlisted for an award, the company will send the guardians (here and hereafter meaning legal representative) of said minor documents requesting their consent to the agreement of said minor to these Terms & Conditions. If the documents are not returned, the shortlisting of said minor's entry will be withdrawn.
Handling of personal information
Personal information obtained from entries will be used within the scope of the following purposes of use.
- Managing submitted entries
- Publicizing award-winning works, etc. in the ways listed above.
For inquiries about this campaign, contact:
The Pearson Japan Marketing Department: