Find the right Learning Objectives, grammar and vocabulary
The Global Scale of English Teacher Toolkit will save you time and improve the quality and relevance of your English classes. It gives you fast access to GSE Learning Objectives, grammar and vocabulary to help you plan lessons at the right level for your students. Best of all, it’s completely free to use.
What does the GSE Teacher Toolkit contain?
The GSE Teacher Toolkit contains a global standard of reference developed by Pearson over a number of years in collaboration with teachers, ELT authors and language experts from around the world and includes:
- Over 2,000 GSE Learning Objectives: You can search by learner type, skill or CEFR/GSE level.
- Over 450 GSE Grammar Objectives: You can search by grammatical category, structure or CEFR/GSE level.
- 36,000 Vocabulary word meanings: You can search by topic, grammatical category or CEFR/GSE level.
- Over 200 jobs linked to GSE Learning Objectives: Search by job family or occupation.
Using the GSE Teacher Toolkit
The GSE Teacher Toolkit can be useful for teachers when planning a curriculum, lesson or assessment by checking exactly what students should be learning at each GSE/CEFR level.
|1. Type of learner||4. Grammatical category|
|2. Level of learner||5. Topic|
|3. Target skill||6. Keyword|
* Search parameters are context-dependent.
A how-to-use video and FAQs are also available on the website.
This is going to be so useful for designing courses.
It can also be used to map existing learning materials to the GSE/CEFR or create new materials that are at the right level. Teachers have also said it is useful for creating admin reports and giving feedback to students and parents.
This will end every argument I have with my director about what is level appropriate. This is the kind of thing they won’t argue with because it’s so easy, even they can bring up the descriptors and see what students can do and should be learning.