Please note that the way to access MyEnglishLab/Essential Online Resources and eText is changing from 23 July, 2019.
After the change, you will be logged in and registered through the Pearson English Portal page.
* You will still be able to access all of your MyEnglishLab/eText course content and assignments using your existing credentials.
* You can log in to Pearson English Portal with the same user name and password that you used in the MyEnglishLab login page. If you forgot your password, click the “Forgot your password” link to reset your password.
* In the first time you access from Pearson English Portal, educators will be asked to add Institution name. If your institution is not on the list, please select “Other”.
The English Firsthand Teachers’ Facebook group has now been launched.
In this community, useful information for the classroom is shared at least once a week and you can also see exclusive livestreams from the authors only for this community.
Whether you are already using English Firsthand
or are new to it, join the English Firsthand Teachers’ Community!
In this community, teachers will be able to…
✓ Exchange teaching ideas
✓ Ask questions about English Firsthand
✓ Get free resources for the classroom
Join the Community
3 easy steps to join
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/EnglishFirsthand/. Alternatively, search the group “English Firsthand Teachers’ Community“ on Facebook.
- Click “+ Join Group”
- Answer 3 simple questions
After answering the questions, you will be able to join the group after the group admin approved your request.
We’ve published a new Expert Insights
article about extensive reading for English teaching professionals.
This blog article is written by Atsuko Takase, board member of ERF (Extensive Reading Foundation) and JERA (Japan Extensive Reading Association).
“In this article, I’m going to share my top 5 tips for teaching extensive reading based on my 25 years of teaching extensive reading to learners of various age groups in schools and over 40 years of private lessons in Japan.”
to read the article.
Following the release of the new Pearson Readers
we have now gathered all related information in our Pearson Japan Trade News <2019 June>
Please see below for a list of downloadable material:
- Pearson Japan Trade News 2019 June: Download (PDF)
- Display contest flyer: Download (PDF)
- Pearson Readers Contest flyer: Download (PDF)
- Pearson Teachers Conference Flyer (Tokyo): Download (PDF)
- Pearson Teachers Conference Flyer (Osaka): Download (PDF)
- 2019-2020 Readers Catalog Complete Title List: Download (Excel)
- 2019 Library Set List: Download (Excel)
Pearson Japan is excited to invite you to the upcoming Pearson Teachers Conference that will be held in Tokyo and Osaka. The schedule is as followed:
Date & Time:
July 27th, 2019, Saturday (Start 1pm, doors open at 12:30)
Tokyo, Chuo University Surugadai Memorial Hall
Date & Time:
July 28th, 2019, Sunday (Start 1pm, doors open at 12:30)
Osaka, Osaka Kyoiku University Tennōji Campus Chūōkan
Pre-registration required. Seats are limited – first come, first served. We recommend to register early.
Click here for details and to register
Commemorating the launch of the Pearson Readers Contest
starting July 1st, Pearson Japan is launching a Pearson Readers Display Contest soon, accepting submissions from June 10th until September 30th.
For details about the contest, including downloadable posters and more, click the button below (Japanese only):
Pearson Japan is pleased to announce a reading contest to encourage learners to read, accepting entries between 1st July and 10th October. The contest is open to teachers with at least 3 students. Students introduce one out of a selection of 50 readers in their own words either in writing or in a video presentation. There are prizes for winners and runner-ups, both teachers and students.
to find out more.
The catalog showcases Pearson’s readers for 2019-20, including Pearson English Kids Readers
, Pearson English Active Readers
, Pearson English Readers
and Pearson English Story Readers
. The catalog also includes detailed information about the upcoming Readers Contest.
to order print copies of the catalog or download the PDF version of the catalog from here